What Is The Real Secret To Losing Weight?
Whenever a new personal training client comes to my gym who wants to lose weight, the first questions I ask them are: What has worked for you in the past? When was the last time you were happy with your weight? What exactly were you doing to achieve that optimal weight?
Most people know the secret to losing weight but just forgot what has worked for them in the past.
If you’re struggling to lose weight, try this.
- Sit down with a pad and paper and write down the last time you were happy with your weight.
- Write down exactly what you were doing back then to maintain optimal weight.
- Write down what you were eating, how much exercise you are doing, how you were sleeping what your stress level was at that time.
- Compare what you were doing then to what you are doing now.
- Reflect. How was your day different? Where you exercising more or less. What are the differences in sleep and stress levels?
All the answers to your weight loss plan will be right on paper. Now write down the changes you will make to your diet, exercise program, sleep quality, and stress levels.
It can be that simple. If you’ve ever lost weight in the past, you know the secret to weight loss. You have to re-implement it. There are so many different diets you can go on to lose weight. My favorite is a low-carb whole food diet combine with intermittent fasting, but other diets can work for you as well.
Sometimes your weight gain may have nothing to do with your diet. It could be that you’re not sleeping well or under a lot of stress, and those are the areas you have to focus on. This exercise will make it evident to you.
Best – Mike Cola celebrity fitness trainer