Personal trainer Bedford. If you need a personal trainer in Bedford NY, call Mike Cola Fitness 914-864-2235. Mike Cola has well over 70,000 hours of hands-on personal training experience. He started his own personal training studio in 1989. Mike has been helping Bedford residents reach their fitness goals for over 20 years. Mike Cola fitness is located @ 84 Lexington Ave. Mt Kisco NY, 10549.
About Bedford, NY taken from BedFordNy.info:
On December 23, 1680, 22 men from Stamford, Connecticut, founded the Town of Bedford when they purchased, fur coats, blankets, wampum and cloth, a tract of land three miles square known as the “Hopp Ground” from Chief Katonah and several other Indians.
These “proprietors” from Stamford were New England Puritans who promptly set about to plan their new settlement providing for a meetinghouse, gristmill on the Mianus River and burying ground. Today’s Village Green is one-third its original size but the graveyard and surrounding principal streets remain substantially as they were originally planned in 1681.
Bedford was part of Connecticut in 1697 when a patent fixed the boundaries as a six-mile square and it wasn’t until England’s King William issued a royal degree in 1700, to settle a boundary dispute, that Bedford became part of New York.
The Town’s importance grew during the Colonial period and served as the wartime Westchester County seat during the Revolutionary War after the Battle of White Plains and until Bedford was burned by the British on July 11, 1779. After the Revolution, Bedford became one of two seats of County government, alternating with White Plains until 1870. The Court House in Bedford Village, built in 1787 and renovated in the 1960s, is Westchester County’s oldest government building.
The original 1680 Bedford settlement was in Bedford Village in the southeastern portion of the Town, with its Village Green and historic buildings dating to the 18th and early 19th centuries. Among these are the 1787 Court House and several homes built after the British burned the village during the Revolution. In 1972, the Bedford Village Historic District was established by local ordinance and is listed on both the New York State and the National Register of Historic Places. The burying ground, established in 1681, was apparently still in use after the Colonial period as the latest headstone dates to 1885. A museum in the Court House is open to the public.
Best – Mike Cola